Privacy of your data
Hannays Solicitors and Advocates respect our clients data privacy and we make every effort to keep your data secure.
We will manage your information in accordance with our legal obligations under GDPR 2018.
We will hold and use personal information about you in the following ways:
- To fulfil our obligations to you when providing legal services to you
- To share information with third parties where necessary to fulfil the obligations of our legal services for you, to enable us to ensure we hold your information securely and where acting as an agent for a third party on your behalf
- To comply with our statutory and regulatory obligations, including verifying your identity in the prevention of fraud and money laundering
- To comply with requests made by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, the Law Society and the Legal Aid Authority to fulfil our regulatory obligations and when audited by those bodies or when information is requested by those bodies
- Communicate with you during the course of providing our services, for example responding to your enquiries and requests
- Statistical purposes to enable us to analyse figures to help us to manage our business and plan strategically for the future
- We will use your information to notify you of changes to our service
- We will use your information to notify you of any information that we become aware of that may affect the matter on which you have sought advice and assistance in the future
- To ensure that content on our website or social media is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or portable communication/computing device
We do not pass your information to marketing companies and any third parties that we engage will not use your data for marketing purposes.
We do not maintain a database for marketing purposes.
Information will be provided to you when your legal matter concludes that explains how we store your data on file closure.
Our Data Protection Controller is Mr Kim Rainford.
We are registered as an Information Controller with the Information Commissioners Office.
The information below explains the cookies we use and why.
Essential – Some of the cookies on our website are essential for us to be able to ensure you can view our website. An example cookie would be one which allows communication between your browser and the website. You may not be able to use our website without this type of cookie.
Analytics – These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Credit Card and other personal details
Hannays Solicitors and Advocates will never ask for Credit or Debit Card details, your bank details or any security passwords from you while you are using our website and we request that you do not enter any personal security information on any of the contact forms on the Hannays Solicitors and Advocates website.
Please do not email or text us your bank account details or personal security information. We will ask for your bank account details if we need them on the forms we send to you. If you change your bank account during your transaction with us this must be communicated to us in writing (not by email or text) if we request it. We will never request your bank account details by email.
Should we need to receive funds from you we will send you our bank account details in writing (not by email) or give them to you in person when you visit our offices.
Please remember that face to face sharing of information is always the safest way to exchange sensitive data securely.
We do not accept personal documents and details on any portable memory device and no portable memory device must be connected to our network and computers.
You are responsible for maintaining the security and safety of your own computer, telephone and other smart devices and must be aware that it is necessary to have up to date anti-virus and anti-malware software installed and working to provide protection. Hannays Solictors and Advocates cannot be responsible for your personal computing, email and telephony protection.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to Hannays Solicitors and Advocates and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any personal passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through Hannays Solicitors and Advocates have separate data and privacy practices and terms & conditions independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies.
This website and its content is copyright of Hannays Solicitors and Advocates – © 2014. All rights reserved.
The copyright for any photographs or images appearing on this site remains with the creator of those photos and should not be copied or reused without permission of the copyright owner.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge our website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Hannays Solicitors and Advocates are not responsible for any websites purporting to be our genuine website. Our offices are located in South Shields, as is our telephone and fax numbers.