COVID-19 – our position – this page is updated frequently
13th March 2020
COVID -19 – Advice updated – 27/3/2020
We are currently still working as we are support our clients with:
- Deal with issues relating to child abuse and child safety and to deal with proceedings and concerns raised by the Local Authority
- Deal with issues relating to domestic abuse and urgent safety concerns
- Assist our clients with their Will instructions
- Help our clients if there is a death in the family
- Assist our clients with their property transactions in which we are following government guidance
We are working with a reduced staffing with only the work that we cannot process from home being conducted at our office.
Our office is closed to clients, so;
- You should not travel to our office without first contacting us as you will not be seen. All appointments will be dealt with by telephone.
- If your childrens well-being and care is being reviewed by the Local Authority please contact us.
- If you require a Will please phone our office and we will advise on the procedure for making a Will while maintaining social distancing.
- If you have an urgent query regarding your property transaction or your solicitor has advised you that exchange has taken place please contact us by phone or email.
Our staff are not available after 4pm each day unless arrangements have been made with you for out of hours contact.
The best way to communicate with us presently is by email or phone:
0191 4974630 or 0191 4555361
These are unprecedented times and we are working because we provide services for children, families, the elderly and infirm and key workers.
We would urge everyone to follow the Government imposed lock down – https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
If you need to return documents to us please call our staff and we will advise you how to do this.
If documents need to be witnessed i.e. a new Will that requires your signature and signatures of witnesses we will advise you on the signing procedure which will keep you and our staff as safe as possible.
Family and Children Legal Services
Our family and children services are still being provided. The Courts are still open, with Court hearings being provided by phone or video conferencing only.
Quotations and accepting work
We are still providing conveyancing quotations and accepting new conveyancing instructions , but we may not be able to make much progress on your behalf during this time.
We are also accepting new Will instructions especially from Key Workers and NHS staff.
The way we are working will mean that how we do our work will be slower but please rest assured that we are still trying to work and trying to deal with matters to the best of our ability in the current circumstances.
If the legal issue or transaction (we are assisting you with) is affected by your self-isolation or illness with Covid-19 please could you call us or email to inform us at the earliest possible opportunity to allow us to manage your matters effectively or request a member of your family to contact us.
The safety and health of both our team and those we meet is paramount therefore we will do all we can as a business to ensure our actions minimise the impact of Covid-19 on all our clients and customers.
SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19
- Dry cough
- High temperature/fever
- Shortness of breath
HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM COVID-19
- Regular hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Using regular hand sanitiser gel if you can get it
- Cover your mouth or nose with tissue rather than your hand when coughing and sneezing
- Put tissues in sealed bin as soon as possible
- Avoid close contact with others who are unwell
- Avoid touching your face
WHAT TO DO IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE COVID-19
1. Remain at home and self-isolate
2. Do not visit your GP or hospital
3. Use the NHS 111 online Corona Virus service for further advice: https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19
Please call us on 0191 4555361 or email email@example.com if you need to contact us.